Monastery of Timios Prodromos: The monastery is just 300 metres from Agia Varvara, on mountain Palouki. It is a favourite monastery of all locals with its welcoming nuns who still tcare for the monastery. It was renovated from its foundations in 1721 under monk Filaretos, as it is mentioned on the inscription at its entrance.
Until 1920 the monastery was male, but since it has been female.
The monastery of Prodromos is the same type as the church of Metamorphosi (cruciform with 4 pillars) with the only difference being the presence of two presentations on the side, in accordance with the Mount Athos system.
It has a wood-carved, gilded, high temple with rich decoration with tendrils, birds, animals and 15 icons with large feasts, while it consists of two pieces, one 14th and one 18th century and the frescoes are of the 14th-15th century.
The icons of the monastery are also important, dating to the 16th, 17th and 18th century AD. At the altar of the monastery there is a mural concerning the founding of the monastery.
The apse depicts the Prayer, and on either side Saint Charalambos and Monk and Founder Filaretos.
The monastery celebrates on June 24 and there is an evening prayer in the monastery on the eve.