Agios Taxiarchis in Glossa
Agios Taxiarchis monastery in Glossa: The Agios Taxiarchis monastery is in an area full of pine-trees near Glossa (on the road towards the Perivoli beach) and it has a view towards the northern side of the island. Today it is deserted, but it belonged to the Xiropotamos monastery on Mount Athos, and it has many monks.
The monastery seems to have been built in 1672 and renovated in the years of Turkish occupation.
In the courtyard of the monastery there are remnants of an early Christian temple of 672 AD.
Besides the courtyard, there is also an ossuary saved to date, while south of the monastery there is a spring with a plentiful supply of water.
from the book by Ad. Sampson “Skopelos – Historical and Archaeological narration”
Items have also been used from texts by theologian Kon. Syros